Spring is almost here! Warmer weather brings with it the threat of new seasonal pests. As the snow melts and temperatures climb, it’s important to be aware of the increased insect activity that comes as a result. Many of these pests will be seeking food, water and a place to nest and breed. To help keep these pests away this spring, consider the following tips:
- Clean up your yard by removing leaves, branches and other debris where pests may hide.
- Seal all cracks in the foundation of your home where pests may be able to sneak inside.
- Repair any tears in all window and door screens.
- Store all food items in sealed containers.
- Change bird bath water regularly to avoid mosquitos laying eggs.
- Deep clean the kitchen cabinets and countertops, pulling out the stove and fridge to remove crumbs and debris that may have gotten caught behind.
- Keep basements and attics free of clutter.
- If you are grilling outside, clean up any spills and be sure to throw away leftover food in a timely manner.
- Keep mulch at least fifteen inches away from the foundation of your home.
- Have a conversation with your local pest control expert about preventative pest control options for your home.
If you would like to discuss spring pest control options for your home, contact us to schedule a free inspection. We service the greater Capital District area including Albany, Schenectady, Saratoga and Rensselaer Counties.