Let’s start off by making one thing clear: mosquitoes are annoying! They buzz in your ear, bite you, and leave you itchy. Mosquitoes can carry diseases as well, making them not just annoying but potentially dangerous. Summer in Upstate New York is primetime for mosquitoes, so let’s take a look at a few ways you can help prevent mosquitoes.
- Change Bird Bath Water – Mosquitoes lay eggs in stagnant water, so change out your bird bath water often.
- Maintain the Pool – Keep up with proper pool maintenance and make sure the water is moving so that mosquitoes are discouraged from laying eggs in it. If you have an inflatable pool or kiddie pool, make sure you empty it when you’re done using it.
- Clean the Gutters – Leaf debris buildup in gutters can cause water to reside through the entire gutter system, an appealing environment for mosquitoes. Periodically clean your gutters to make sure water is completely exiting the system.
- Protect Yourself – When you go outside in a place where mosquitoes are prevalent, protect yourself by wearing long sleeves and long pants, and by using mosquito repellent.
- Trust the Pros – Family Pest Solutions offers Organic Mosquito Treatments which are applied in areas that mosquitoes hide during the day. This greatly reduces the overall mosquito population.
Contact us today to schedule a free inspection of your home. We service the greater Capital District area including Albany, Schenectady, Saratoga and Rensselaer Counties.