Happy Halloween! The season of spookiness is upon us, the perfect time to explore the creepiness of pests. So let’s get spooky!
Did you know?
- Some species of spiders jump by contracting their muscles and increasing hemolymph pressure in the joints of their legs.
- When a spider’s web becomes too dirty, it often eats it and uses the nutrients to make a new web.
- Headless cockroaches can live for over a week before eventually dying of thirst.
- Rats’ teeth never stop growing.
- If food is scarce enough, rats may resort to cannibalism.
- Giant fruit bats can have a wingspan of up to 6 feet.
- Bed bugs give an initial anesthetic so that the person they are about to suck blood from doesn’t notice them.
But do you know what isn’t so scary? Getting rid of pests! We’re here to help you. If you suspect your home has a pest issue this Halloween season, contact us to schedule a free inspection of your home. We service the greater Capital District area including Albany, Schenectady, Saratoga and Rensselaer Counties.