Happy New Year! 2021 has arrived and everyone is making their New Year’s Resolutions. Before you settle on your resolution, have you thought about pests? Wouldn’t it be nice to have fewer insect and rodent headaches this year? This can be achieved!
When it comes to minimizing pests in and around your home or business, consider the following New Year’s Resolutions:
- Repair Holes and Tears in Window Screens. It may not seem like a big deal, but a hole or tear in a window screen is like a wide open door for insects. Patch it or replace it to keep bugs out of your home.
- Move the Firewood Pile. While it may be really convenient to have your firewood stacked right next to your house for quick access, it’s not a good idea. Rodents like to take refuge in areas like this, so if your firewood is next to your home then you are inviting rodents to come a little too close for comfort. So stack it away to keep the pests at bay.
- Seal Up the Birdseed. Feeding the birds is a very fun activity, and we certainly are not here to tell you to stop feeding them. We want you to think about where you are keeping the extra seed. To keep rodents away, store birdseed in a metal trash can.
- Get to Know the Signs of Pests. If your preventative measures don’t quite do the job, it is important to know what to keep an eye out for in relation to the various pests that are common to your local area. Our blog is a great place to start.
- Ask for Help When You Need It. If you have a pest issue in or around your home that isn’t something you are confident you can remedy yourself, contact your local pest control provider. We are here to help you.
Need help keeping your New Year’s Resolutions on track? Contact us today to schedule a free inspection of your home or business. We proudly offer expert pest control in the greater Capital District area including Albany, Schenectady, Saratoga and Rensselaer Counties.