Spring has finally arrived! After a long, cold winter you are probably quite excited for green grass and blue skies. However, with spring weather come spring pests. For a happy spring with minimal pests, consider the following spring pest control tips:
- Clean Up the Yard – Leaf debris and dead grass are like welcome signs for ticks. Spend some time raking your yard to discourage ticks from hanging out there.
- Eliminate Standing Water – Mosquitoes lay eggs in standing water. Clogged gutters, bird baths and kiddie pools are a few common places where standing water may occur.
- Pick Up After Dinner – After you finish enjoying a BBQ on the deck, be sure to pick up all food, drinks, crumbs and spills to avoid attracting a variety of pests.
- Look Up – Keep an eye on overhangs, soffits, eaves, etc. where stinging insects are likely to nest. It’s best to eliminate nests when they are small and housing a minimal number of residents.
- Be Proactive – The Capital Region has a lot of spring pests, that’s just the reality of our area. But with a proper pest control plan designed for your home, you can drastically reduce the number of pests on your property. Family Pest Solutions offers external treatments for mosquitoes and ticks which are an excellent solution to create a safe, comfortable space for you and your family.
If you would like to discuss spring pest control options for your home, contact us to schedule a free inspection. We service the greater Capital District area including Albany, Schenectady, Saratoga and Rensselaer Counties.