Fall is in the air! A favorite season for many, fall brings so many joys such as apple picking, pumpkin carving, and flannel shirts. As you are enjoying all of your autumn traditions, it’s also important to take proactive steps to keep pests at bay. With these easy fall pest control tips, you can spend more time sipping pumpkin spice lattes and less time chasing pests.
Here are 10 easy tips for fall pest control:
- Seal cracks and crevices around the exterior of your home where rodents may be able to get in to escape cooler temperatures
- Install screens over open vents around the exterior of your home
- Keep garbage and recycling can lids on tight to deter pests looking to feast before winter
- Watch for increased activity from stinging insects who are emerging from nests and foraging
- Check fresh picked apples for bees before you bring them inside the house
- Be vigilant of ticks who remain active during the mild to cool temperatures of fall
- Evict bats now before the cold sets in and they become more eager to re-enter
- Store firewood a safe distance away from your home so critters don’t migrate from the wood pile into your home
- Make sure pet food and bird seed is kept away from pests in sealed containers
- Clear fallen leaves from your gutters to prevent water/moisture build up
If you would like to discuss fall pest control options for your home, contact us to schedule a free inspection. We service the greater Capital District area including Albany, Schenectady, Saratoga and Rensselaer Counties.