Five golden rings! Not quite. While we’re often singing “The 12 Days of Christmas” this month, we also need to think about those unwanted holidays guests – rodents. As rodents seek warm shelter and food during the cold months of winter, it is important to take action to keep them out of your home.
In the spirit of keeping rodents out this winter, we present to you some of our top tips in the form of The 12 Days of Rodent Prevention:
- Install door sweeps on exterior doors
- Screen exterior vents
- Repair damaged window screens
- Seal gaps between the siding and foundation
- Replace loose or damaged weather stripping around windows
- Seal gaps around where utilities enter the home
- Keep firewood stacked away from the exterior of your home
- Store birdseed in a metal trash can with a lid
- Store pet food inside your home, as opposed to the garage, in sealed containers
- Avoid clutter in your garage and basement
- Address any moisture issues such as leaky faucets and clogged drains
- Take empty boxes, wrapping paper, packaging, garbage, etc. from your holiday celebrations directly out to the trash and recycling bins
If you would like to discuss rodent control and rodent exclusion for your home, contact us to schedule a free inspection. We offer residential pest control for the greater Capital District area including Albany, Schenectady, Saratoga and Rensselaer Counties.