Spring is almost here! We’re ready to say goodbye to cold temperatures, snow and ice. We’re even more ready to say hello to green grass, flowers, digging in the garden and grilling. But most of all, we’re ready for the emergence of warm weather pests. Are you?
Let’s take a look at important things to keep in mind as we enter spring:
- Ticks can be active anytime the temperature is above freezing, and March is when we typically see activity really start to ramp up.
- Overwintering pests such as ladybugs, stink bugs, boxelder bugs and cluster flies will begin to make themselves known inside your home.
- Spring can often bring a lot of rain, so make sure you are eliminating standing water where many pests will look to drink and mosquitoes will look to lay eggs.
- Winter may be fading away, but what damage has it done to your property? Check your gutters for breaks and clogs which can create water issues that attract pests. Check your siding, foundation, soffits, etc. for loose materials, cracks and gaps that pests can infiltrate.
- Watch for signs of ants as the weather gets warmer and make sure you are not leaving food crumbs out for them to discover.
Spring is a very active season for pests, so it’s also a great idea to consider professional pest treatments to help prevent pests in your home and yard. If you would like to learn more about what we can do for your home this spring, please contact us. We offer residential pest control (and commercial pest control) for the greater Capital District area including Albany, Schenectady, Saratoga and Rensselaer Counties.