Warmer weather is here which means increased ant activity in Upstate New York. Ants are now building their mounds and searching for food, which means an increased chance of an ant invasion of your house. The good news is there are ways to protect against these unwanted pests.
To help prevent ants in your home, consider the following tips:
- One ant is too many. If you see a small number of ants, this is likely to lead to more ants as they report back on their findings. At the first sign of ants, it’s time to take action.
- Ants are looking for food, so make sure your house is not offering up any free meals. This means keeping food in sealed containers, wiping down counter tops, cleaning floors and picking up any food or drink spills.
- Inspect the exterior of your home including the foundation and utility entry points for gaps and cracks where ants may be able to get in.
- Watch for ant mounds in your yard, a common precursor to ant activity inside your house.
- Utilize effective ant control products such as bait stations inside your home and a perimeter spray outside your home.
If you would like to discuss ant control options for your home, contact us to schedule a free inspection. We service the greater Capital District area including Albany, Schenectady, Saratoga and Rensselaer Counties.