Discovering a roach infestation requires immediate action to ensure a fast solution to the problem and to minimize the health risks associated with this insect.
Cockroaches are usually attracted to food sources in your property. They will eat anything from foods, paper, packaging, plastics and fabrics to animal matter (e.g. hamster and rabbit droppings).
It is often easier to spot signs of a problem in your business rather than a live cockroach. As nocturnal creatures, cockroaches usually hide out of sight during the day and become more active in their search for food at night.
Signs of a cockroach problem
There are some simple ways you can identify a possible cockroach infestation, which could require professional treatment.
- Roach droppings – cockroaches leave a dust of black droppings less than 1mm wide and of varying lengths.
- Smear marks – check for marks on horizontal surfaces and at wall-floor junctions where cockroaches are active. If water is abundant, cockroaches will produce brown and irregular shaped smear marks.
- Shed skin – look for this evidence in locations you suspect they are sheltering. Cockroaches shed ‘cast nymphal’ skins 5-8 times as they mature to adults.
- Damage – look for unusual signs of damage, not just on food packaging. Cockroaches will attack organic goods including leather and books.
- Unusual odor – an established cockroach infestation produces a lingering and unpleasant musty smell that taints items with which they come in contact.
- Live cockroaches in bathrooms or kitchen areas – German cockroaches need warmth and humidity and can be found around bathrooms and kitchen areas. They are also good climbers, scaling smooth surfaces like glass & polished metal with ease, due to sticky pads on their feet. You might see them scatter when you turn on the light in the kitchen.
Cockroach Removal with Family Pest Solutions
Family Pest Solutions has been providing reliable cockroach control services to customers. When you contact Family Pest Solutions about a potential roach problem, a technician will visit your property and conduct a complete inspection of the premises.
Our experts are trained to find the most common cockroach hiding spots and signs of cockroach activity. If cockroaches are present on your property, your technician will identify the cockroach species and recommend the most appropriate treatment plan. A number of factors will play into the treatment plan, including:
- Species of cockroach
- Property type (example: a business that serves food versus an office building)
- Severity of infestation
- Depending on these factors, your cockroach treatment plan may include a variety of baiting and non-chemical solutions that are designed to eliminate infestations.
After an initial treatment is applied, your technician will schedule a follow-up service depending on the severity of the cockroach problem.