Rodent Control Service Cohoes NY
HAVE RODENTS INFESTED MY ALBANY HOME?
Family Pest Solutions always recommends getting a professional inspection done before any self-diagnosis of a rodent infestation. However, there are some signs you can look for if you immediately need to get an idea of what’s going on in your home:
- Droppings and feces around food, or in closed spaces (like drawers or pantries)
- Plant shreds or paper shreds that are used to nest in
- There are bite holes in food packaging
- Holes in the wall that weren’t there before, and look like they are from chewing
RODENT PREVENTION TIPS
Preventing a rodent infestation can be tricky, but here are some tips to help you avoid having these pests take over your home:
- Keep your home sealed to fully separate the outside and inside
- If you have any leaf piles or other organic matter laying around your lawn or property, remove it, rodents like to nest in these
- Don’t leave food out or in the open – always seal things tightly!
LIFE CYCLE OF A RODENT
There are many different kinds of rodents, but we will point out the general life cycle you can expect with a general rodent infestation.
First of all, rodents reproduce very quickly, meaning an infestation can occur fast. Family Pest Solutions wants to help you take action before you have a huge takeover in your home.
Most rodents can mate in about 5 weeks after their birth and can birth anywhere from 32 to 56 mice or rats in a single lifetime. Females can quickly reproduce after birth, taking only one to two days before being capable of reproduction again.
Rodents have an average lifespan of around one year.
WHAT DO RODENTS LOOK LIKE?
Rodents all tend to have similar characteristics and anatomy, however they are diverse in appearance from species to species. Below we have found some pictures of the most common rodents you will find in the greater Capital District area: Norway rats, roof rats, and house mice.