Spring is in the air! Unfortunately with warmer temperatures and increased sunlight also comes a resurgence of many seasonal pests. In order to get the most out of your springtime joy, here are some pests to look out for:
- Ants – House ants and carpenter ants can become a real problem for homeowners. While house ants are looking for a warm, moist environment that can provide a steady food source for their colony, the latter will wreak havoc on your home itself.
- Stinkbugs & Ladybugs – These overwintering pests are reemerging from their winter hiding spots and making their presence known around your home, likely near the windows.
- Termites – During the winter, termites tend to burrow deep into the ground to stay warm enough to survive. As the weather warms up in the spring, they reemerge.
- Ticks – When temperatures get above freezing, ticks become active again. Watch out for spreaders of Lyme disease as you spend time outside.
- Mosquitos – The buzzing and itching returns with warm weather as mosquitos stake their claim to your outdoor space.
Each of these pests can create a number of issues for Capital Region homeowners. If you experience an issue with any of these pests this spring, or if you would like to explore pest prevention options for your home, we are ready to help!
To learn more about pest control options for your home, please contact us for a free inspection. We offer residential pest control and commercial pest control for the greater Capital District area including Albany, Schenectady, Saratoga and Rensselaer Counties.