Hello, Summer! Beach days, sunny skies, ice cream…there is so much to love about summer. Yet it is also important to remember that warm weather also means new seasonal pest activity. Here are a few key summer pests to watch out for:
- Stinging insects such as wasps, yellow jackets and hornets are very active during the summer as they build nests, eat and reproduce.
- Ants are very busy building colonies and gathering food. Watch for them in and around your home as they are likely to be making their presence known.
- Termites are enjoying the warm weather and finding wood to destroy. If you see any signs of termites, it is important to call a pest control professional right away.
- Ticks are very active this time of year and can quickly attach to humans and pets walking through the grass or woods.
- Mosquitos are breeding and biting all summer long, so make sure you reduce standing water in your outdoor space and consider a preventative treatment.
If you experience an issue with any of these pests this summer, or if you would like to explore pest prevention options for your home, we are here to help!
To learn more about pest control options for your home, please contact us for a free inspection. We offer residential pest control and commercial pest control for the greater Capital District area including Albany, Schenectady, Saratoga and Rensselaer Counties.