Did you know termites cause more than $5 billion in property damage each year? These pests should always be taken very seriously as soon as they are detected. Letting a termite issue go on untreated can be a very costly mistake.
Learn more about termites with these essential facts:
- Termites are social and raise their families as a group
- Termite colonies eat all day, every day
- Termites are often called silent destroyers because they can chew through wood, flooring and wallpaper without being noticed
- There are over 2,000 termite species in the world
- Termites shed their wings once they find a place to build a nest
- Termites are typically more active when it is warm
- Common signs of termites include wood that sounds hollow when knocked on, cracked or bubbling paint, and mud tubes on walls
Termite prevention best practices include keeping gutters clean so that water doesn’t collect, keeping firewood away from the exterior of your home, and fixing any plumbing issues that create moisture in or around your home. If you do suspect termites in your home, it is important to call your local pest control professional right away for a thorough inspection and proper termite treatment.
If you would like to learn more about termite control options for your home, please contact us for a free inspection. We offer residential pest control and commercial pest control for the greater Capital District area including Albany, Schenectady, Saratoga and Rensselaer Counties.